Invisalign® Clear Aligners Birmingham
Affordable Clear Aligners Serving Greater Birmingham
Invisalign®, or “invisible braces”, is a series of clear plastic trays that you wear in order to straighten your teeth. They have become very popular over the past few years and while there are many competitors out there, Invisalign is still the best method of invisible braces.
These invisible braces are designed to be worn for a period of twenty two hours a day, however, patients can remove the aligners before meals. Depending on the condition of a patient’s teeth and their dental goals, Invisalign may be worn for six months or up to two years. During the process, patients may use up to fifty different aligners.
Discreet Braces for a Beautiful Smile
Traditional braces are very effective at straightening teeth, but the wires and metal brackets can be both unsightly and uncomfortable. Invisalign allows patients to straighten their teeth discreetly.
Additionally, patients who consume large amounts of processed foods will find that Invisalign is a better choice for them over traditional braces. Certain foods, such as food that’s starchy, sugary, or sticky can damage the brackets used for traditional braces. Invisalign can be removed before a meal to avoid this.
Benefits of Invisalign
There are many benefits to using Invisalign, especially when this system is compared to traditional metal braces. Benefits include:
- Metal braces consist of rows of colored bands and metal, while the Invisalign aligners are, lightweight and transparent.
- The aligners can be removed, so teeth and the aligners are easier to clean properly. Patients can floss and brush as they normally would since there are no brackets or wires to deal with.
- Most patients don’t like the look of traditional braces since they can change a person’s appearance and tend to attract attention. When a person uses Invisalign aligners, no one will know they’re wearing them.
- Wearing Invisalign can easily boost a person’s confidence, allowing them to smile again
- A major issue with traditional braces is how uncomfortable they are. Aligners do not cause any discomfort and don’t require constant tightening.
Dr. Curry has over 10 years of experience helping your friends and neighbors improve their smile. If you’d like to straighten your teeth, talk with his experienced staff about scheduling a free consultation with him today. At that appointment, he will help you understand the process so you can decide if Invisalign is right for you.
Whether we are in your network or not, we will work with your insurance company to get you the best coverage possible.
Invisalign® Vs. Traditional Braces
This form of braces has several advantages over traditional metal braces. The main advantage is that you can take the aligners out yourself anytime you want a break from wearing them. Having the ability to take out the aligners to floss, brush your teeth, eat all the foods you love, and receive normal periodic dental cleanings, is a major plus compared to metal braces that are cemented onto your teeth.
Another side-effect of regular braces is that a small white circle of stained enamel will appear due to wearing the braces for long periods of time. You might even know someone who has these circles on their teeth from the cement of regular braces. Invisalign will not cause this type of discoloration because the aligners are removable.
Common Questions About Invisalign®
- Will insurance cover the cost of Invisalign®? Most insurance companies will cover the cost of Invisalign treatment, the same as they would traditional braces. Contact your insurance carrier to learn more.
- How much does Invisalign® cost without insurance? Between $3,500 to $5,000.
- Is better than traditional braces? This can depend on the condition of your teeth. For severely crooked teeth, traditional braces are a better option.
- Is Invisalign treatment painful? No. However, it can cause mild soreness the first week you start wearing them.
- Is Invisalign faster than braces? The average time a person will need to use Invisalign is 12 months. The average amount of time a person will need to have traditional braces ranges between 18 and 24 months.
- How long will Invisalign® results last? Invisalign results are permanent
- Will it work for adults as well as teens? Yes, Invisalign will work for teens and adults, but not small children since their teeth are still growing and moving.
- Can invisible braces close up gaps in teeth? Invisalign can close mild gaps.
- How long does clear braces take to straighten teeth? This will depend on the condition of your teeth and may take three to twelve months.
- Do you wear them all day? Invisalign must be worn for 22 hours a day but can be removed before meals.
- How is Invisalign different from Smile Direct Club? Invisalign offers in-person treatment, Smile Direct Club offers remote treatment only.
How Treatment Works – What to Expect
If you’re interested in Invisalign or one of our other popular cosmetic dental treatments, the first step is to contact Stuart Curry Dentistry to schedule an appointment. At a consultation, Dr. Curry can examine your teeth to determine if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign or if traditional braces would be the best option.
If Invisalign is right for you, we will take upper and lower impressions, a bite registration, and pictures. This takes 20-30 minutes at the most.
Dr. Curry will be able to show you, using a computer-simulated model, exactly what your teeth will look like at the end of treatment, and we will know how long it will take to achieve these results. Next, we order the trays, and when they come in, you start getting straight teeth!
Your Custom Invisalign Treatment Plan
After sending these impressions and pictures to Invisalign, about a week later you can come in for your “Clin-Check” treatment plan.
You’ll need to meet with one of our dentists to pick up your new set of aligners every few weeks.
To get the best results from using this system, you must take good care of your aligners and follow your dentist’s instructions carefully.
Aligners must be removed before you eat, but should be worn throughout the day and when you’re sleeping.
To clean your aligners, use sensitive toothpaste and a soft-bristle toothbrush
More Questions Our Patients Have About Invisalign
Who’s a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Whether Invisalign is right for you can depend on several factors, but most patients can benefit from using this innovative teeth straightening system.
Invisalign can be a perfect option for teens and adults who want a beautiful, more radiant smile, without the high-maintenance needs of traditional braces. People who have teeth that are slightly overlapping or crooked, or those with gaps between their teeth can be great candidates.
How Often Do I Need to Have New Aligners Fitted?
How Effective are Invisalign Aligners?
Is Invisalign Recommended for Everyone?
Invisalign is not recommended for younger teens or children, since their teeth are still moving and growing. Invisalign also isn’t recommended for patients that have bite alignment issues or teeth that are severely rotated or crooked.
For some patients, Invisalign cannot provide the appropriate level of pressure that’s required to make adjustments. In these cases, traditional braces will be more effective and will have more of an impact on the growth and the direction of teeth. In other cases, veneers or surgery may be a better option.
Schedule Your Family's Dentist Appointment Today
Whether we are in your network or not, we will work with your insurance company to get you the best coverage possible. Schedule an appointment with our Birmingham family dental practice today for quality care!
Wonder what our patients think of us? Browse through their reviews on Google, Facebook, Merchant Circle, and Angie’s List.
Please contact us to make an appointment.
Monday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
4851 Cahaba River Rd Ste 101,
Birmingham, AL 35243
Office: (205) 972-3831
Fax: (205) 972-3833